If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI® Open Water Diver course – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course. Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the aquatic world through this course. To enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver course (or Junior Open Water Diver course), you must be 10 years old or older. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
Enroll in Open Water Diver Online – PADI’s eLearning option – and you can start learning right away. PADI Open Water Diver Online gives you the background information you need to dive safely and allows you to study at your own pace through an interactive computer-based program. Get started now!
You can also start learning with PADI’s home-study materials – Open Water Diver TouchTM (a tablet app) or the Open Water Diver Manual and Open Water Diver Video (a book and DVD package). Stop by your local PADI dive shop to enroll in the course, get your materials and start reading the book and watching the video. Your PADI Instructor will schedule time with you to check your progress and make sure you understand important scuba diving information
Here is an example of our standard Open Water Diver Course
- Week 1: Meet the team, introduction to scuba diving, Module 1 knowledge development (in your Open Water book) with your Instructor followed by your first pool session.
- Week 2: Module 2 knowledge review and dive briefing with your Instructor followed by 2nd pool session and post dive de-briefing
- Week 3: Module 3 knowledge review and dive briefing with your instructor followed by your 3rd pool session and post dive de-briefing
- Week 4: Module 4 knowledge review and dive briefing with your instructor followed by your 4th pool session and post dive de-briefing
- Week 5: Module 5 knowledge review with your instructor and final multiple choice exam. Dive briefing followed by your 5th pool session and post dive de-briefing
- Week 6: Dry-suit orientation, your chance to experience how to use a dry suit in the pool before going on to do your open water dives. You will have a dry-suit briefing before the pool session.
- Weekend/two days diving at an open water dive site (Dive site entry fees not included) to complete your four Open Water Dives and qualify as a certified PADI open Water Diver to 18 metres