After enjoying our trip to the Philippines September 2018 we have been asked to do another trip back in 2021.
10th November- 21st November 2021.
Atlantis Dumaguete is located in Dauin on Negros Island, the third largest island in the Philippines. Dauin has established several sanctuaries, and just one reason for the stunning marine biodiversity exhibited here within which fishing and boating is absolutely prohibited. This includes sites such as Mainit, Luca, Dauin and Masaplod. These sites are well preserved and offer a huge variety and quantity of life forms; Blue ringed octopus, Wonderpus, Mimic octopus, Poison ocellate octopus, Ambon scorpionfish, Flamboyant cuttlefish, Bobbit worms and a wide variety of Nudibranchs are frequent sights. Surrounded by lush tropical gardens, the Atlantis Dive Resort Dumaguete is situated on a long stretch of beach and caters specifically for divers looking to access some of the best diving in the Philippines.
Rivalling some of the best muck diving spots on earth and being home to all manner of weird and wonderful critters, for macro lovers, Dauin and Dumaguete are truly excellent. If you are a photographer, or even if not, the diving here is heaven.
One of the most spacious camera facilities you will find in any dive resort worldwide. There are 21 cubby holes to store equipment.
Local Dives at 8:30am, 10:30am, 2pm, 4pm and 6pm (night dives available every day). Most dive spots within ten minutes of the resort.
See more information below:
For the non divers:
Dumaguete has a wealth of places to explore; spend the morning shopping at a local market and experiencing the the local culture. Try a city tour, or enjoy a day in the mountains and take in the lush tropical countryside, natural pools and waterfalls. Dumaguete also has golf courses, a modern mall or local shops to buy souvenirs from. For those wishing to just take it easy take a look at our Spa pages and indulge yourself.
Daytrip to Apo Island
Dumaguete City Tours
Daytrip to Oslob Whalesharks
Quad Bike Tours
B&B (2 dives a day)-£2,020
Half Board (3 dives a day)-£2,405
Full Board (3 dives a day)-£2,570
Deposits & payments:
£350 deposit at the time of booking
£850 payment 11 months prior to departure
Balance due 11 weeks before travel
9 nights’ accommodation.
Board basis as per chosen price option.
Daily diving based on chosen price option.
Airport departure tax – PHP850 (approx. £13)
Marine Park Fees – The current fee per day dive is PHP 210 (Approx. £3) and PHP 315 (Approx. £4.80) for a night dive.
Food outside the board basis selected.
For more infomation please give Becky or Gary a call on 01952 257 590.
To book please give MJ from Ultimate Diving a call on 0208 655 6458.
ScubaTeks on Tour takes us north….
Orkney has a unique underwater environment, from vast battleships resting in the heart of Scapa Flow, to smaller blockships dotted along the rugged coastline. There is a real poignancy to seeing the wrecks on the seafloor of the Flow, an area that is teeming with a history that spans the centuries and encompasses both grievous losses and magnificent victories.
Dates to be confirmed-September 2020.
The Scapa Flow Package includes:
7 nights’ accommodation – Saturday to Friday.
6 days diving (2 dives per day) – Sunday – Friday
Use of lead weights (please bring your own belts)
Air fills (nitrox available charged extra, trimix by prior arrangement)
Complimentary tea, coffee & biscuits. After dive pints of tea served as standard!!!!
Accurate, in depth, multi-media dive briefings and history talks. Over 30 years combined experience diving the German Fleet. The only boat offering this level of briefing in Scapa.
There are only 12 spaces available on the vessel.
You must be Advanced Open Water with Deep spec or equivalent to sign up to this trip. Tec divers welcome.
Cost is £775.
£350 deposit-Required upon booking to confirm your space!
In late November 1918 the German High Seas Fleet arrived in Scapa Flow for internment. On 21 June 1919, believing the British intended to seize the fleet, Rear Admiral Ludwig von Reuter gave the order to scuttle every ship. Today the wrecks of three battleships, three light cruisers and a fast mine-layer – ships that all escaped complete removal during salvage operations – remain on the seabed of Scapa Flow. Lying between 45 and 12 metres under the surface, these wrecks have become imposing and insightful pieces of history. They offer distinct and rare diving experiences.
Luxury Self Catering Accommodation in the Heart of Stromness
• 6 bedrooms including “snorers” room – just in case! • 5 bathrooms• Large open plan living space & kitchen diner, leather sofas, 42” Smart
• Fully equipped kitchen diner for 12 with an extra-large oven, dishwasher,
microwave, larder fridge and freezer. We include cleaning products,
kitchen roll and tea towels• Washing machine & tumble dryer – we provide washing powder
• Free wireless internet access – please bring your own laptops/devices
• Designated diver equipment charging station
• Egyptian cotton bed linen and towels – 2 x large bath towels per person
Trip Date: 1st July 2021
Destination: Lanzarote, Spain
- £POA (Divers)
- £POA (Non Divers)
- 22KG checked luggage £52 (return)
- Deposit of £150 per person and balance due 11 weeks prior to departure. Flexible payments scheme available.
- Flights from Birmingham
- 7 nights at the Costa Volcan & Spa on self-catering basis
- 10KG hand luggage
- Airport transfers
- 10 dives with own equipment including Museum Atlantico
- Outbound 1st July 2021, departing Birmingham
- Inbound 7th July 2021, departing Lanzarote
- Costa Volcan is situated in the small historic beach town of Puerto del Carmen, a few metres from jaw dropping underwater lava cave formations and colourful reefs.
- The resort is made up of 90 apartments and just a short stroll away from local bars, cafés, restaurants and the Playa Chica Beach. Both studios and apartments are available and have good facilities for a self-catering apartment including; a two-ring hob and various pans. Cutlery, plates and cups are also provided.
- All rooms have a private balcony offering either pool or stunning sea views. Furnished typically in a Canarian style, each room’s appearance is cool and highlighted with bright features.
- Next door to the Costa Volcan and Spa is the Manta Diving PADI centre.
- Diving in Lanzarote is mostly shore based. The diving schedule with Manta Diving is flexible, before diving begins the guide will discuss with the group where everybody would like to go, what they would like to see, and a plan is made from there. Dives take place at 11am and 3pm however the meeting time is 30 minutes before to give everyone time to kit up and be briefed.
- Nitrox is available to all qualified divers and the speciality course can also be done with Manta Diving for an additional fee.
- Most dives are shore dives as the reef is only 20 metres from the water’s edge; however, some of the wrecks such as the harbour wrecks and Waikiki are accessed by boat. Other nearby dive sites include; the Blue Hole, Red Coral and the Cathedral. Marine life that can be found in the waters of Lanzarote include nudibranchs, cuttlefish, seahorses, bull rays and of course the popular angel shark!
Well folks, we will be opening for business 5th January 2021. Hopefully it will be a fun diving packed year and full of health and wealth for us all.
So get in touch with us to help plan your dive year whether it be courses, trips, holidays, equipment or servicing.
To celebrate everyone breaking up for the Christmas we will
be open 10am- 1:30pm for all of our lovely club members to pop down and join us for one last time before we see in the New Year. Mulled wine and mince pies for everyone! Of course, as always, both divers and non-divers welcome.
Don’t forget we will of course be on hand for those last minute Christmas prezzies too!
The holidays are comin’… and we’re feeling Christmasy